This older build comes from NCR of Bologna, Italy, and it is a project developed jointly with Ducati North America upon their request. NCR was founded in 1967 and between 1967 and 1969 they became famous when racers Tarlazzi, Loigo and Baroncini made it to the top of the Moto Sport class ranks thanks to the Ducati 250’s tuned and modified by NCR. These were the first two-cylinder motorcycles from the Borgo Panigale factory tuned by NCR. Throughout the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, NCR was really active in motorcycle racing. In 2001, with help from the Poggipolini Group, NCR shifted its focus towards offering complete solutions to customers all over the world, by becoming a true production company, with the goal of manufacturing exclusive motorcycles, powered by fine-tuned Ducati engines.
This bike is a limited edition build, to be used on tracks only, and it is an homage to Cook Neilson’s 1977 Daytona victory on a Ducati 750SS, known as OLD BLUE, which was tuned by Phil Schilling. This was the first victory for the Italian brand in the USA, and therefore a huge boost for the North American market. The platform that this build is based on is the 2007 Ducati Sport 1000S, completely tuned by NCR and made lighter in all its parts. After completion, this bike reached a weight of 150 kg compared to the 188 kg of the street legal model (it is a weight reduction of 38 kg, slightly over 25%), and the power has been increased by 40% reaching an output of 116 HP.
The heart of the beast is the NCR1100 engine which was developed as the ultimate expression of what can be done with the 2 valve Ducati platform. NCR developed titanium connecting rods and valves, forged pistons, NCR Corse cams, lightened gearbox, balanced and lightened crankshaft in order to increase both the performance and the reliability. They were able to lighten the stock Ducati engine by at least 10% as well as add 30 HP over the stock unit. Combine all this titanium hardware, axles, covers as well as magnesium cases and many other exotic parts, and this quickly becomes the wet dream of any Ducatisti’s project.
The Zard exhaust system is an extraordinary titanium 2-1-2 unit, that weighs in at just 4 kg. The custom suede seat is a true masterpiece that was made by Schedoni of Modena, Italy. If Schedoni sounds familiar, think Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati and Ferretti Yachts interiors. The paint for this build was developed in collaboration with Artech. Blue Comet is based on a triple mixture of a silver base with two blues to really show that rich background and elegant profile of the bike. Silver Race is based on a mixture of a metallic silver with a pearl base which gives it that rich brilliance and luminosity. To preserve and protect these colors, 5 to 7 coats of UV resistant clear laquer were applied to bring out the depth of color and to convey that wet paint look.
This bike is very exclusive and built in a limited production of 50 numbered motorcycles and will be sold “ready to race”. NCR offers an ample catalogue of parts and special works for those who want to tune their Ducati SportClassic. NEW BLUE is produced following a custom tailoring production process, only on demand and handmade. If you decide to order the ready to race NCR motorcycle, you can have one for the amount of 67,000 U.S. dollars or you can decide to customize your own Ducati street legal SportClassic versions, with NCR Special Parts from your engine, brake system, chassis and suspensions, exhaust system and electronics to adding those NCR Special Parts in Titanium, Magnesium or Carbon Fiber.
List of Modifications:
- Based on: 2007 Ducati Sport 1000S
- Engine: Ducati 1100 NCR (116 hp @ 8450 rpm/min, 10,6Kgm/6.700rpm)
- Weight: 145 kg – 319 lbs (engine weight: 55 kg – 121 lbs)
- Frame: Tubular trellis in steel Ducati Sport 1000 S model
- Wheelbase: 1400 mm
- Rake: 23,5°- 24,5°
- Clutch: APTC custom slipper clutch system
- Gearbox: 6 Speed
- Front brake: 2 x 300 mm Braking WAVE discs, 4-piston 2-pad Brembo SBK radial caliper from billet
- Rear brake: 200 mm Braking WAVE disc, 2-piston Brembo caliper from billet
- Front Suspension: Ohlins 43 mm upside-down fork with TiN surface treatment, adjustable off-set, tuned by NCR CORSE
- Rear Suspension: progressive linkage with fully adjustable Ohlins monoshock with length adjustment, tuned by NCR CORSE
- Fuel tank: 15L / 3.9 US gal
- Exhaust: New custom all NCR titanium exhaust system produced by Zard
- Wheels: BST carbon fiber wheels
- Instruments: AIM MXL dashboard with via Can to EFI Euro 1 cpu connection and USB PC connection
- Electronics: NCR CORSE wiring system with Automatic Remapping System (ARS) by on-board CPU
- Front Tire: Metzeler Racetec Slick K0, 120/70 R 17
- Rear Tire: Metzeler Racetec Slick K0, 190/55 R 17
- Bolts & Fasteners: produced in Titanium by Poggipolini Titanium
- Seat: leather seat produced by Schedoni
- Engine Starter: Electronic engine starter
- Paint: by Artech and NCR, Blue Comet and Silver Race
SPECIAL PARTS NCR
- Titanium footrests kit,
- NCR Al7075/Titanium fuel cap,
- NCR Titanium clutch cover,
- NCR Titanium/Al 7075 clip on set,
- NCR triple clamps kit in aluminum from billet,
- NCR CORSE bottom bracket in alluminum from billet,
- NCR CORSE camshaft and Magnesium
- NCR clutch and alternator case.
SPECIAL PARTS (optional)
- Manual Remapping system (MRS),
- external NCR engine starter ,
- NCR Titanium fuel cap and